Dry Herb Vaporizers and Why I Will Never Smoke a Bowl Again
I did it. I’m bought and now am using dry herb vaporizers. The PAX3 vaporizer to be exact but this isn’t an advertisement for them. Instead I need to use this article to celebrate my purchase and discovery.
I feel like a weed consumer emerging from the stone ages of shwag, only to realize there has been a major development in edibles, concentrates, and THC oils.
Dry herb vapes have been on my mind for some time. I have looked for the best ones to purchase but got scared when I saw archaic pictures of people puffing on vaporizers while plugged into the wall. That’s not how I want to smoke weed!
What is a Vaporizer for Weed
Rather than burning cannabis, a weed vaporizer uses a heating element to bring some form of cannabis, such as flowers or concentrates, to the combustion point. Generally, two types of vaporizers are available: dry herb and concentrate. Dry herb vapes use flowers in the chamber, while concentrate vapes use cartridges prefilled with concentrates.
How do dry herb vaporizers work
The weed vaporizer works by heating an enclosed chamber using a battery. The heating chamber vaporizes marijuana with the press of a button or sometimes just by inhaling. Ceramic elements are used to heat the chamber. You can use many types of materials to create the chamber, which holds the weed.
The Downside of Smoking Bowls of Cannabis
There is plenty of reasons to enjoy a bowl of weed. A freshly packed glass bowl is the quickest and efficient way to smoke cannabis.
However, for cannabis enthusiasts who smoke weed every day, the harshness of using a glass pipe adds up. This is what I had been using to smoke my bud until my homie pointed me in the direction of the pocket-sized dry herb vaporizers like the PAX3.
Here are some of the negative effects of smoking cannabis through bowls that I have experienced
- Burning your throat on hot hits
- Inhaling ash as you get to the end of your weed
- Waking up with a cough from those hot hits
- Inhaling butane from the lighter you use to burn the weed can be bad long-term. Of course, you can go with the hemp wick but do you really want to go through the trouble?
- Unable to regulate the rate at which you burn your weed. This means you might not be optimally consuming your cannabis to get the best THC percentage
The Benefits of Dry Herb Vaporizers
While I’m not new to consuming cannabis, dry herb vaporizers were kind of like the holy grail for me to get right. I was always intrigued but never shelled out the $100 to $300 dollars it costs to purchase a pocket vape for your herb. That was a mistake.
First of all, you can taste the weed!
It is eye-opening how different cannabis tastes when you remove the butane and over-burning of the product. But there are even other benefits to the vaporizer that I should list here.
- Cleaner hit and buzz. The purity of the hit makes for a clearer buzz
- Stronger hits. Being able to regulate the burn level of the cannabis in your vape is such an advantage in getting the proper THC levels versus torching it with your BIC
- Less stink. Another great advantage is the exhaled vape smoke doesn’t smell as strong as a burning bowl. This allows for discretion
- My throat isn’t roasted. Not waking up hacking up a lung is definitely an advantage for me
- Easy to travel with. My vaporizer is well built. I don’t have to worry about my glass bowl hitting a sharp corner and shattering into a million pieces
Does Vaporizing Weed Smell?
There’s no denying it. The smell of weed is definitely unpleasant. Whether you are using CBD strains online legally or regular THC buds, cannabis offers a powerful scent that’s hard to forget. Overall, it doesn’t smell as bad as smoking, but it doesn’t smell completely fresh. You can smell the strong, dank scent of high-quality dry herb, even when it is contained in your pocket.
As soon as you open the container, the smell will be even stronger. As you break it up, you may even notice the aroma filling the air before anything is even heated!
How to Choose the Right Dry Herb Vaporizer?
To tell you the truth this is a matter of a couple of factors, personal preference, and budget. There is no real correct answer. Check with friends and read through online reviews to figure out what others are saying.
Personally, I am happy with the PAX3. It has everything I need and it even allows for the vaporizing of THC concentrate via the adapter that is included in some packages.
Nevertheless, I’m going to drop the 2 most highly-rated options below for you to consider as you venture into the world of dry herb vaporizers. There are many other options but these two weed vaporizers have are near the top of everyone’s list based on extensive research.
1. PAX3 Vaporizer
You can find the PAX3 kit above for around $250 in various places on the web. I recommend the kit which comes with extra screens, pipe cleaners, concentrate vaporizer adapters, and more.
Also of note is the multiple color options and web app to manage the settings on your vaporizer.
2. DaVinci IQ2 Vaporizer
The DaVinci IQ2 dry herb vaporizer kit will set you back about $295 but is worth it according to many.
The company’s site features a kit that is described as “The IQ2 empowers you to not only customize your experience through precision temperature and adjustable airflow but also empowers you to track and report your dose per draw and per session.“
What to Know About Vaping?
This is the section where we need to state the obvious:
- Weed is illegal in a lot of places, consume at your own risk
- Cannabis with THC can have psychoactive properties that could be bad for consumers
- Weed even when legal shouldn’t be consumed if you’re underage
- And finally, if you have any health-related questions about cannabis check with a physician
With that out of the way, for the experienced cannabis users, I have to say that dry herb vaporizers present a great way to consume your weed and lower some of the adverse risks of other smoking methods.
Additionally, the benefits of on-the-go and discretionary consumption make it an ideal option for weed enthusiasts looking to up their game to the next level.
Best of luck on your journey!
If you have a dry herb vaporizer product and would like to advertise on our site, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.